[ Go to October 1997 Table of Contents ]

New Products
Digital Cameras
Mitsubishi DJ-1000
Small Does It All

The first point-and-shoot digital camera from Mitsubishi, the DJ-1000, weighs only 2.8 ounces and measures just 2.5 by 4.4 by 0.8 inches.

The camera supports a 504x378 or 320x240 resolution and can take photos from a distance of 20 inches. View your pictures by removing the 15-image, 2MB CompactFlash memory card (expandable up to 15MB for 112 images) and inserting it into a special adapter. The

images can be downloaded into a notebook and used to illustrate reports, presentations, Web pages and e-mail. Colored indicator lights alert you to memory capacity-green for more than 70 percent remaining, yellow for 30 percent remaining and red for very low memory. The DJ-1000 utilizes two AAA alkaline batteries.

$249
Mitsubishi Electronics America, Mobile Computing Division
714-377-8023, fax 714-377-8024
Winfo #788


Windows Magazine, October 1997, page 82.

[ Go to October 1997 Table of Contents ]